Monday, September 21, 2009

the tough part is over...

Progress as of 11/5/09 Roughed in the shadows for the vines and middle foreground. Tinkered with trees and foliage... Added lots of heavy tones to the old vine itself... Now I think it's time to break out the wine country books and study vine structures. Definitely needing to work on the right hand trees still, they look like one big dark blob... yikes

New progress as of 10/16 (just added it to the post below) The foreground is coming along...

I had a great painting day last saturday! Four hours of painting and I arrived at the fun part, at least for a little bit I won't have to make any tough decisions. I can just happily paint leaves and grasses and mustard flowers and trees for a bit. I'm leaving the forefront and vine until last. The only problem still bugging me is the scale of the trees. My next move will be to do some subtle corrections there...

No comments:

Post a Comment