Monday, March 28, 2011

Looking Back

Looking back
8 x 8 inches


So the last month or so I've been working on portraiture. An encaustic face is no easy endeavor I'm finding. There is so much movement during fusing that the features change considerably during the painting process. I'm looking at different fusing methods to see about getting more control, but I don't really want to get too crazy. I'm in love with the journey, and the imperfections that happen, so I'm going to keep on playing. 

In other news I had a piece accepted to the Whitefish Literary Review which comes out this summer. I'm pretty excited about it because I've heard it will include a short story by one of my favorite authors. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who so I'll keep you guessing about it for a while, but I'll most likely put up a post about it in June. Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment