Friday, August 14, 2009

Old vine

Since it's been a while I thought I'd put up a pic of the latest progress on the "Old Vine" commission. This painting has been putting me through my paces. I did several layers in the middle ground trying to get it to make sense, but it still needs something. I might have to make a major change... however, my other worry is that when I end up getting to the vine itself and putting in it's leaves etc. the painting might become too busy... sooo I may opt for simplification of the middle ground at this point. That treeline on the right is not working for me... At any rate what it amounts to is me staring at this for hours a day and getting no work done. So I'm going to tackle the middle ground today once Jo goes down for her nap and see where I end up...

No comments:

Post a Comment