Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lucky 13 Corn theme

This month's lucky 13 theme was Corn. I thought corn... hmmm, how many different ways can you interpret corn! That's the beauty of doing this project though, it gets you to think wayyy outside your comfort zone.

I had a flood of ideas for this one, but the image that kept revolving in my mind's eye was "imprint" which is what I titled this piece. It's basically just a straight ink imprint of a lovely piece of corn, which I rolled over a few times with different colors, glazed a sepia and then fixed with a spray poly. I like how it turned out like a pop-ish abstract, usually I have an extremely hard time getting my creative mind to loosen up enough to get a successful abstraction going, so I was pretty happy with this excersize.

No comments:

Post a Comment