Monday, November 11, 2013

Finished Projects

Well it looks like winter is catching up with me finally :)

In the studio long awaited projects are being finished up and prepped for delivery. I'm choosing pieces to be taken down to Bigfork for the Persimmon Gallery's next artwalk, and looking ahead towards Christmas Stroll. Kage and I are going to be offering some very nice prices and special treats for those intrepid enough to stroll to our gallery.  :)

So let me show you what I've been up to...

I started this piece last spring, the first ideas forming as we moved back to our town just as the Big Mountain started melting into it's summer clothes. I saw the beauty of this mountain with fresh eyes after having been away for a year and a half and I wanted to capture that bluebird-on-my-shoulder feeling.

"Spring Melt" 16 x 20  acrylic on canvas.  Available at the Rare Bird Gallery for $2500.00

These next two were created for a client who wanted an encaustic painting of Mt. Kintla, a place dear to her family.  One shows a cloudy, wind rippled lake and the other, a calm, big sky day. I usually do several support pieces when doing an encaustic commission this specific, and narrow them down as I go along, and end up focusing on the best piece. But this time two pieces were developed to the end. I used the same scribe to keep the proportions and skyline as correct as possible during all the fusing and painting. The main technical difference was lowering the skyline in the cloudy piece. Isn't it amazing how different they turned out to be?




top "Windswept Mt Kintla" 16 x 20 encaustic on cradled wood panels
bottom  "Still waters at Kintla Lake" 16 x 20 encaustic on cradled wood panels
(one of these may be available at the gallery soon)


This next project is a watercolor illustration I did for a cute save the date magnet




and last but not least,  is a watercolor logo and stamp design for a new
company here in Whitefish, which is being started up by two
wonderful, hardworking and stylish gals. Click on the logo to see the detail in the watercolor, so pretty.




Next up, I'm working on posters and we are getting the gallery all gussied up for an exciting art show with fiber artist Kerry Nagel Nov 22nd  titled "Long Forms".  You might remember my studio visit from this post.  Kerry's fiber pieces are incredible.


Let me see what else is new...

I'm taking this class with Jessica Hische, awesome hand lettering wizardess. I love Skillshare.
Daniel made me this painting mix on soundcloud. He is getting his vinyl collection out there, dig it. 
I made this recipe with the winter squash from the garden and it was crazy delicious. Try it, add as many mushrooms as possible if you do, and top with extra parm.

until next time,
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment