Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Research for Wine Lover II

Here is a little insight to the modeling side of arranging a painting. I should have done this in the first place since I have the perfect model for it. But at the time of doing my original Wine lover painting I used an old victorian postcard as inspiration for the figure. It was of a greek looking lady looking at an oyster I think - weird! I think that's why I never got the angle of the shoulder quite how I wanted it because I basically had to improvise the whole right (skier's right) arm. I'll have to dig it up and post it on here because it is interesting... Anyway, this is my research photo of Sara graciously posing so I can study the draping of the red shawl for Wine Lover II. I'm hoping Jolie will be a good little napper this afternoon so I can lay in some sketch work! *Sigh* I love painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment